Sunday, October 6, 2019

A living tree means a living planet

 

 "A living tree means a living planet" is a collective international documentary conceived and directed by Khalid Mokadmine, a young filmmaker from Rabat. In April he reached me out online inviting me to contribute with a one minute video to his ongoing project about the relationship between humans and trees.

He had already invited several filmmakers from all over the world, each one representing a different country by telling a different visual story, and he still wasn't able to find a director from Italy available to shoot his own segment. As soon as he discovered I'm also a painter, he proposed me to figure out a way to feature one of my painting in my video. Trees have provided humans with the primary means of survival, therefore I thought it was essential to show how they can still be a precious "motherly" source of life for my own creations and (hopefully) the spirit of the humans inhabiting my country.

No comments: